I wasn’t able to attend OpenCoffee Limerick yesterday morning, but I dropped in as the gathering broke up in time to catch the following useful insights:
- Since the latest version of Google Reader, James Corbett no longer uses Feeddemon. I remain attracted to the idea of offline feed reading, but I must admit that one of the reasons I’ve fallen behind is that it’s often less attractive to open another application to read my feeds.
- Plans are underway for the “Paddy’s Valley” blog-inspired Irish entrepreneurs tour of Silicon Valley in December.
- It might be a good idea to hold Podcamp Ireland on the same weekend as the Podcast Expo in California. Discuss!
- The social network of choice for many Tipperary Institute students is Flickr.
- The informal coffee morning in Limerick’s Clarion Hotel has already spawned a joint venture development project between 3 of the companies involved.
Bernie Goldbach has a detailed report.